Location: 100% Remote – North America
About Our Team:
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team has been designing, implementing, and maintaining a wide variety of cloud-based services and applications within KAR Global.
About Our Candidate:
The heart of the SRE’s team success is to provide automation, self-service and first-class support to our software engineering teams, with continuous face-to-face involvement and knowledge sharing sessions. The successful candidate for this role will continue to drive these high standards forward, while collaborating closely with the software engineering organization to support the ongoing innovation, scaling and availability of KAR Data Services’ production platforms.
What You Will Be Doing:
This is a technical role and will require proven hands-on experience alongside the ability to communicate, deliver, and support the solutions being created.
- Daily hands-on development with technologies such as Terraform, Azure Devops, Kubernetes and many AWS services means you get to continually expand your knowledge.
- Contributing to architectural and design decisions within engineering organization.
- Delivery and execution are critical, so you will be launching and iterating regularly in an Agile environment.
- Utilize your technical expertise and to guide software engineers and fellow SREs to create large scale, resilient, distributed systems and tools focused on improving developer velocity and stability.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- 5+ years of experience in an SRE, DevOps, or similar operational role.
- You can write code in any language and have deployed your work in production.
- Experience with IBM App Connect Enterprise
- Experience with workload automation
- Experience with deploying and managing cloud infrastructure on AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools, i.e. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience working in large-scale distributed systems in a 24/7 SaaS focused environment.
- Experience with operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Deployment best practices and tools i.e ADO, Jenkins, etc.
- You have exceptional communication skills and an aptitude for developing relationships at the engineering, and business levels throughout the organization.
Who We Are:
KAR Global powers the world’s most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people. Our end-to-end platform serves the remarketing needs of the world’s largest OEMs, dealers, fleet operators, rental companies and financial institutions.
- We’re a technology company delivering next generation tools to accelerate and simplify remarketing.
- We’re an analytics company leveraging data to inform and empower our customers with clear, actionable insights.
- And we’re an auction company powering the world’s most advanced and integrated mobile, digital and physical auction marketplaces.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Wellness program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee stock purchase program
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and development resources