Job title: Maintenance Tech
Company: State of Indiana
Job description: Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of a role.
About the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites:
The Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites (ISMHS) is a statewide museum system with 12 locations including the Indiana State Museum in downtown Indianapolis and 11 historic sites in the Indiana communities of Evansville, Corydon, New Albany, Rome City, Madison, Fountain City, Geneva, New Harmony, Nashville, Vincennes, and Metamora.
Mission: To serve as a catalyst for informal lifelong learning that connects the stories of real people, places, and things.
Vision: Be the leader in informal lifelong learning that is recognized, sought-after and celebrated regionally, nationally, and globally.
Strategic Priorities: * Engage and serve an expanded and diverse audience through transformative experiences: Collections. Exhibits. Programs.
- Translate/transform our historic sites from buildings/tours to experiences/legacies.
- Brand awareness and reputation management.
- Sustainability (product and financial).
- Organizational culture.
The starting salary for this role is $15.00 per hour.
This position will be located in the Evansville area.
About the Job:
The Maintenance Tech (Part-Time) is responsible for providing preventative maintenance and repairs to equipment, machinery, buildings, and grounds of the historic sites
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Performs and makes routine carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs
- Installing furniture components, doors, wiring and conduits, plumbing fixtures and other varied items
- Make repairs at heights using various lift equipment
- Make repairs to and finish drywall
- Assists other maintenance repair personnel and building custodians on major projects
- Assists with setup and tear down for special events
- Repairs locks and assisting with security needs throughout the historic sites
The job profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of this role.
What You’ll Need for Success:
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency)
- At least two (2) years of experience
- Working knowledge of and ability to use skills in carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs
- Must be able to do physical labor, lift up to 50 pounds, and repetitive movement such as digging
- Ability to make repairs to and finish drywall
- Ability to determine malfunctions of electrical and mechanical equipment and make repairs
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and various drawings
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to read and follow instructions and to handle simple mathematical problems
- Ability to work with at heights with lift equipment, training provided
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
This seasonal position does not offer benefits and is limited to 180 working days in an eleven (11) month continuous period
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Employee? Click to apply.
Expected salary: $15 per hour
Location: Evansville, IN
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 08:59:01 GMT
Click Here To Apply