Job title: Claim Specialist – Property – Field/Dual Role – Mississippi
Company: State Farm
Job description: Job Description:
Being good neighbors – helping people, investing in our communities, and making the world a better place – is who we are at State Farm. It is at the core of how we operate and the reason for our success. Check out what it’s like in Claims, and see what makes us great!
We offer a surprisingly great Compensation Package:
This position is eligible for up to $2,000 in Welcome Bonuses throughout the first year of employment.
Starting salary is between $50,999.65 – $92,377.68 annually ($25.31 – $45.85 hourly) based on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants with significant relevant experience. Because work-life-balance is a priority at State Farm, compensation is based on our standard 38:45-hour work week!
You are also eligible for:
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
We offer a ton of amazing – here’s a preview of what you might not find other places:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus:
- 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what’s important to you
- Paid Development Time
- Wellness and mental health programs
- Tuition Reimbursement/Community College Tuition Program
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
Where you’ll work:
This is a fully remote position, in which you will primarily handle Fire/Property Claims remotely from your home, and occasionally complete physical inspections in the field, within your commutable location.
This position is located in Mississippi. Competitive candidates should reside within Mississippi.
Several of our Claims teams are hiring, and you may be considered for multiple opportunities where your skills and qualifications align.
Hours of operation are continually evaluated and may change based on business need. Successful candidates are able and willing to work flexible work shifts and may be asked to work overtime and/or irregular hours.
When you join our team, you can feel good knowing you are helping our customers recover from the unexpected. Our Claims Specialists are committed to helping our customers through the claims process while providing Remarkable® service. This includes:
- Investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and settling claims
- Applying knowledge of policies, and insurance regulations when determining coverage, liability, & damages
- Contacting customers by telephone, written correspondence and/or various electronic media
- Effectively managing work through task driven queues while multi-tasking in a fast-paced call center environment
- Supporting our customers through personalized, caring, and simple interactions
Competitive candidates demonstrate the following:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and timely complete workload while efficiently utilizing technology
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- While this position will primarily support our in-office operations, there may be a need to complete physical inspections therefore, you must have the physical agility to allow for: lifting, carrying, and climbing a ladder; ability to navigate roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures; ability to crawl in tight spaces
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Xactimate, XactContents
- Relevant claims adjusting experience and/or construction background
Employees must successfully complete all required training, including applicable licensing exam(s) and background checks required of various state(s).
Come join the Neighborhood and do some good!
Visit for more information on our , , and the .
Expected salary: $2000 per month
Job date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 05:10:06 GMT
Click Here To Apply