The Chemical Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Works to provide technical assistance, process improvement, and manufacturing support for chemical production.
- Works to develop and prioritize process improvement needs
- Works to develop, implement, and support new processes for the site
- Troubleshoots and identifies root causes of operational problems; data analysis
- Serves as project coordinator for new process implementation
- Provides cost estimates to determine feasibility of business development plans
- Determines most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
- Performs tests and monitor performance of processes throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables such as temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Designs and plans layout of equipment.
- Designs measurement and control systems for chemical plants based on data collected in laboratory experiments and in pilot plant operations.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidates must have a BS or MS in Chemical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering school and over 5 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing facility
- Ideal candidate would have direct experience with project or process engineering support for batch or continuous chemical production
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.