Job title: Assistant Restaurant Manager
Job description: Job Description:
We increased our wages AGAIN! Up to $21.50/Hour!
The Assistant Restaurant Manager reports to the Restaurant Manager and ensures that processes and procedures are followed to meet Rutter’s expectations and goals. Organizes, schedules, and controls the preparation of food; including ordering, scheduling, selling, and tracking all food and food related items and is responsible for controlling cost and managing spoilage.
- Ensure self and all employees provide professional, courteous, and timely service to all customers.
- Performs duties at multiple workstations (e.g., food prep, make table, expediter, etc.)
- Complete all store housekeeping functions (i.e., dusting, sweeping, mopping, cleaning restrooms, emptying trash, etc.).
- Set inventory levels for all items and order appropriately, following company guidelines.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage and rotation of all goods received following company guidelines.
- Schedule employees based on peak demand times.
- Train employees in food preparation, sanitation rules and regulations.
- Share responsibility for shift coverage for call-offs when no other help can be found.
- Ensure that company recipes and quantities are adhered to using “Price book” guidelines.
- Ensure that all company food safety guidelines, rules and procedures are followed by self and employees.
- Complete customer transactions accurately and efficiently, and ensure compliance with applicable age restricted product regulations (i.e., alcohol).
- Identify and resolve inventory control problems.
- Schedule hours of work for self and employees to optimize operation and control labor costs across all shifts.
- Complete and submit all forms and spreadsheets necessary to complete profit and loss statements in an accurate and timely way.
- Complete, submit, and distribute forms related to all personnel issues as requested.
- Identify opportunities to improve service and productivity, reduce costs, and increase sales and make recommendations to the appropriate personnel.
- Use a team-based approach to solving problems and resolving personnel issues.
- Demonstrate high standards and work ethics to others through words and actions.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information or situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly work area appearance at all times.
- Develop co-workers for promotion as skills and aptitudes are identified and developed.
- Complete daily store errands including but not limited to picking up grocery items.
- Comply with all company policies at all times.
- Acts as Person in Charge (PIC) in Manager’s absence.
- Ability to use a PC, mobile device, and/or other electronics.
- Perform duties at multiple workstations (e.g., food prep, make table, expediter, etc.)
- Complete all store housekeeping functions (i.e., dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.).
- Stock and maintain inventory levels as required throughout the store.
- Able to work flexible hours/days to support business hours and needs.
- Able to work holidays and weekends.
- Ability to be at work on time when scheduled.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- High energy, positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Interact productively with co-workers and function well in a team environment.
- Thorough understanding of company policies and practices.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation; must travel to store locations as well as offsite meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time without a break.
- Frequent walking, stretching, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, grasping, and repetitive movements.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of up to 20-30 lbs.
- Work in cold refrigerator or freezer.
- Ability to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/snow/icy conditions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position/non-exempt. Will work minimum of 45 hours per week, on a rotating schedule based on business needs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Obtain Serve Safe certification.
- Talk, hear, read, write, and comprehend English.
- May be required to obtain RAMP certification *Beer/Wine locations only.
- Required to obtain occupational license or permit issued by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board *VGT locations only.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months’ employment with Rutter’s.
- Prior experience in Food Service, Restaurant, or related industry.
- Prior management or leadership experience.
Rutter’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other protected status under Local, State or Federal Regulations.
Expected salary: $21.5 per hour
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 08:59:09 GMT
Click Here To Apply